Saturday, July 2, 2011

Ab Ecclesia Omniorum Mundorum Condita

Greetings everyone. May we grok; or share boko-maru.
Let us pray: Dear heavenly spaghetti monster, thank you for everything.
Now, this is my first sermon, so I'm a little nervous. I was planning on a little fire and brimstone, because it's a classic, but I have so much material that I may have to turn it into a lecture series some time in the future. For now, I'll keep it short and sweet. I know some of you are already weary of the church thing, so I'll stop now.

I preordered A Dance with Dragons today. I also finished rereading A Feast for Crows a few days ago (in preparation). On top of that, my brother called me today to discuss the enigma that is Jon Snow. For those of you who know what I'm talking about, no spoilers please. Some of our hbo-induced auxiliaries are also interested in the story (and have already [hopefully] started reading the series as well). I am way too excited for the new book; I've been waiting so long...

And now I'll leave you with a couple of questions to think about. Do you have a goal in life? I have asked many people this question recently. The answers can be interesting and surprising. Anything. Go to another country, get married, or make money. It's all about what people value, right? So where do we get these goals from? Can our goal be something like "be a good person" or "be happy"? The first one smacks of godliness, and the second of hedonism. Where do we get our goals from, and where should we get them from?

2 comments: